The Generative A.I. Brief #15
Where professionals catch up on the A.I. News of the ⏳ hour.
This was for the week of September 11th, 2023.
Let’s see what happend during the last week or two in A.I. I hope you find something to read of interest here. You can also just skim the link titles and get some general idea if you are pressed for time. You ready for a lot of links?
What GenAI web Product consumer trends can we see now in September, 2023?
Here are the top 6 takeaways according to a16z:
1. Most leading products are built from the “ground up” around generative AI
2. ChatGPT has a massive lead, for now… (Character.AI and Pi have momentum, with Gemini coming soon).
3. LLM assistants (like ChatGPT) are dominant, but companionship and creative tools are on the rise (e.g. Pi, Poe as a gateway, character.ai)
4. Early “winners” have emerged, but most product categories are up for grabs
5. Acquisition for top products is entirely organic—and consumers are willing to pay! (i.e. Paid subscriptions)
6. Mobile apps are still emerging as a GenAI platform (the trend is ‘generative’ to ‘interactive’)
🗳️ Weekly Poll 📊
💬Introduction for Today🎯
How Are Consumers Using Generative AI? (a16z)
Instagram might be getting generative AI... panoramas? (The Verge)
Try a free trial to see the rest of this post. You can cancel the free trial if the content is not for you.
Even preferable, get a steep discount with a group or organization and get your learning and development fund to pay for it (ask your manager)
📢Top News 📺
Meta preps new AI system: WSJ
Stability AI, gunning for a hit, launches an AI-powered music generator (TechCrunch)
Roblox’s new AI chatbot will help you build virtual worlds (The Verge)
Why Japan is building its own version of ChatGPT (reason: English bias)
💓My Sponsor Company🚀
New Research Shows Hidden Costs & TCO (total cost of ownership) of Gen AI - Download your free copy.
Keep reading with a 7-day free trial